FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).

F.A.Q. Moving Turkey

  • We can be contacted 7/24 via our web-form

  • Please call us for further information

  • How do I obtain a tax number?

·     You have to go to the nearest tax office with your passport. Addresses for Istanbul can be found here.

  • How can I work in Turkey?

·     To work in Turkey a work permit has to be obtained from the Ministry of Labor and a residence permit must be obtained from the Department of security. More information can be obtained here.

  • If my spouse has a work permit, can I also work?

·     No. Generally the ‘trailing spouse’ cannot work. For exceptions click here.

  • What documentation do I need for the residence permits of my family members?

·     In addition to the application form, petition letter, photo, and the passports, you must also provide notarized translations of your marriage certificate and the birth certificates of your children.

  • What is Foreign Identity Number and how can I find out mine?

·     It is a number assigned to each foreigner with a residence permit. The number can be found here.

  • How do I open a bank account?

·     A tax number has to be obtained from a tax office. Then with the residence permit a bank account can be opened.

  • Do I need to change my driving license?

·     Expats residente in Istanbul can use their current, valid non-Turkish driving license but they must carry the notarized translation of their driving license with them.